Why You Should Upgrade to Windows 10
With support for Windows 7 discontinuing in January 2020, upgrading to Windows 10 is going to be a necessity to ensure that your computer is protected.
While Windows 7 has had nearly 11 years of runtime, its latest successor, Windows 10, comes packed with features to improve your daily life and security. Getting up and running on the latest operating system from Microsoft is easy with The Computer Guy. We can retain all your personal and business files, while ensuring everything move over smoothly in the transition to Windows 10.
Support and Security
Details & Pricing
Here at The Computer Guy, we understand the value of your personal data. We aim to provide you with the security and tools necessary to protect that data.
When upgrading to Windows 10, nearly every program can be transitioned over smoothly. Programs like QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and many more are all conveniently moved over when we upgrade your machine. More importantly, all of your personal and business files move with the upgrade.
Windows 7 to 10Microsofts Upgrade Utility ***
- Maintains User Data ***
- Maintains Most Applications ***
- Maintains Most Settings ***
- Maintains Licensing **
- Not Guaranteed to work with all configurations
Fresh Windows 10With Migration
- Personal Introduction to Windows 10
- TCG Backs up User Data
- TCG Backs up Applications*
- Maintains Most Settings*
- Maintains Licensing**
- Not Gauranteed to work with all configurations
Fresh Windows 10Without Migration
- Fresh and clean installation of Windows 10
- Maintains License**
- No User Data Migrated
- No Applications Migrated
- No Settings Migrated
* Applications and Settings cannot be guaranteed to be compatible with Windows 10 and therefore The Computer Guy cannot promise or guarantee they can be migrated perfectly. The Computer Guy will ensure every effort is made to migrate the applications and settings effectively when the “Fresh Windows 10 with Migration” service is used.
** Licensing Windows is messy. Currently, OEM versions of Windows 7 are upgrading to windows 10 without issues. However, The Computer Guy does not guarantee this will continue. The Computer Guy does not provide licensing included with the services listed on this page.
*** The Computer Guy does not warranty nor guarantee that the Microsoft Upgrade tool used with “Windows 7 to 10” as prescribed by Microsoft will effectively migrate settings, data, or applications. The Computer Guy cannot guarantee that the Upgrade Tool from Microsoft will work at all due to compatibility or flaws in the application.
We're Here To Help!
200 S Virginia St #520
Reno, NV 89501
Mon-Sun: 9am – 5pm
We are open 7 days a week!